Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hello, I'm Charlie Chang


Hello, I'm Charlie Chang.  I know, my name sounds fake.  I promise you, I'm telling the truth.  I've always had this underlying feeling that people think my name is fake because whenever I introduce myself to someone, they look at me, cock their head like a dog and kind of say and ask, "Charlie Chang?  Oh." 

Or I talk to an older person and they all inevitably tell me about a tv show featuring a detective named Charlie Chan.  Even though 9 seconds earlier I specifically pronounced the "g" sound on the end of my last name.  I think a lot of white people lump all Asians together.  Or think similar sounding last names are all the same.
  

So yeah, that's my name.  I'm really glad you stopped by.  I have so many ideas for books, a book on my 6 years of college life that could include the story of the girl who wanted me to finger her on an elevator, which the building was only two stories.  I don't know how far she wanted to go and plus that was a lot of pressure on me.  I have some ideas on a book about religion and a zombie book.  But I figured that I'd just write my story for now and let it be that.  If any of those things and ideas enter into this blog, I will gladly welcome them.

So enjoy.  Pop some popcorn or something.  Or get some coffee.  Because we all know popcorn and coffee go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment