Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Confidence, now in pog form!

I am not a confident person.  In fact, I got beat up 7 times in middle school.  All different people but the same situation.  Their punch would be coming at me in slow motion like in a movie and I'd be thinking, "Dang, I need to do something so I don't get hit."  While I was thinking about that, their punch would land perfectly on my chin, chest, eye, ear or lip.

I'll be honest, I'm a biter when it comes to fighting.  And I'll kick you in your Planters peanuts if I feel like I'm trapped and there's nothing else for me to do.  I thought I had fighting figured out though because in mid 90's the Bruce Lee story entitled "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" came out and I was so pumped when I watched that movie.  He just kicked peoples' asses, i.e. people at a party, angry cooks, and that demon thing that was a manifestation of his doubts, insecurities and fears.

Which maybe I have an inner demon that keeps me from being confident.  I hate not knowing things and I hate being perceived as if I don't know something about a subject.  Yet  I haven't seen any inner demons bust down a cubicle wall when I'm daydreaming or listening to music on Youtube though.  There is one hefty dude down the hall that is always giving me the evil eye when we pass each other, I have my hunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment